For the past few days, I’ve noticed that my sites were running EXTREMELY slow. I hadn’t made any changes so I checked the server’s side. I noticed that all my domains were still running on PHP 5.2.x, which was not recommended. Not sure if this was the reason why my sites were slowed to a crawl, but everything seems to be running ok now.
Here’s how I “upgraded”:
- Go to Manage Domains in the control panel: https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=domain.manage&
- Click on Edit for that domain.
- Under PHP mode, pick PHP 5.3 or PHP 5.4, both work with WordPress.
- Then hit ‘Change settings’
- Wait ten minutes and everything should be golden.